Monday, May 6, 2013

Reading the Lables

Before I started growing my natural hair out I would buy products based on what the front of the lable would say. For example I bought a lot of products that promised to help grow my hair "faster", thicker, longer, stronger and healthier. Little did I know that many of those products didn't do anything they promised but they also contained ingredients that we're damaging my hair even more.  Once I found out what those ingredients were, I cleared out my cabinet, read the lables of ALL the hair products I use and got rid of the ones containing these bad ingredients. I was a huge fan of the Dr. Miracle's products but had to stop using them because many of their products contain MINERAL OIL & PETROLATUM, which are not good for your hair. My advise to anyone is to read read read the lables CAREFULLY. If a product sounds too good to be true, chances are that it is and it more than likely contains ingredients that aren't healthy for you. An example of a good product that I love is Shea Moisture products. Their products have all natural ingredients and are perfect for natural hair. You can find these products at most beauty supply stores and drug stores like CVS and Walgreens.

Avoid Products containing:

ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL
MINERAL OIL & PETROLATUM
Petrolatum
polyethylene glycol (PEG)
PROPYLENE GLYCOL (PG)
SODIUM LAURYL SUFATE (SLS)
SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE (SLES)
CHLORINE
diethanolamine (DEA)
momoethnanolamine (MEA)
triethanolamine
FD & C Color PIGMENTS
FRAGRANCE
IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA
DMDM HYDANTOIN

click the link for the reasons why you shouldn't use products containing these ingredients.
Hope this helps anyone. Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment. :) and subscribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment