Sunday, July 21, 2013

Product Review: Creme of Nature Perfect Edges hair gel

I decided to do a product review on the product brand Creme of Nature Perfect Edges. I stumbled upon this product while browsing in my local beauty supply store. I was interested in trying this product because unlike ORS's  (Organic Root Stimulator) smooth edges, Creme of Nature's product contains Argan oil. And it was a reasonable price at around $4.99.

I bought it because I was putting a "quick weave" in my hair (another protective style) and I needed something to smooth down my edges but I didn't want my hair to get dry. So I figured this product would be perfect. Hence the name "Perfect edges". 

Once I installed and styled my quick weave I used the product to smooth my edged down. It left my edges nice and smooth and added lots shine. BUT as soon as I left my house in 80° weather (20 mins. later) the gel began to melt and drip down my face.  My once smooth shiny edges became puffy and out of place. I kept reapplying the product throughout the day to keep my edges down but it didn't work. Every time I applied it 20+ mins later my edges were puffy again. And did I forget to mention I had to keep tissue with me to wipe this dripping mess off of my forehead. This produvt would probably work better for someone with relaxed or not as rough natural hair like my 4c hair. Or maybe to use in the colder months since heat melts it away.

Pros:
.Leaves hair soft
.Adds alot of shine
.Hair is smoothed down when first applied
.Has Argan Oil
.Doesn't flake or leave any residue on hair.
.reasonable price

Cons:
.Smoothness doesn't last (Especially in warm weather)
.If your transitioning or natural with very kinky hair it doesn't keep your edges down for long.
.Contains Parabens
.Small quantity
.Drips when warm

This isn't a review to tell people to buy or not to buy this product. This is just my experience and thoughts about this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment